Supervision and counseling services
- Supervision of leadership and management, supervision of organizations and teams
- Supervision of HR and HRD professionals
- Supervision of practicioners in health and social services (e.g. social workers, psychiatric nurses, psychiatrists)
- Supervision of psychotherapists, crisis workers and psychologists
- Supervision required for certification for trauma therapists and EMDR therapists
- Supervision for school personnel (headmasters, teachers, counsellors, school psychologists, career guidance counsellors)
- Other fields as well
Supervision can be commissioned for a specific number of sessions, i.e. 1-5 sessions, or to take place at regular intevals, i.e. 1-2 times per month. Objectives for supervision are set jointly with the client at the start.
You can ask for an offer.
is a tool for developing in your work and for developing the work itself.
What is supervision?
It is the exploration, discovery and conceptualization of issues and feelings related to work, its objectives, its strategies, the working community and working roles in cooperation with a trained professional supervisor. In supervision, we discuss and reflect upon issues connected to work that the supervisee/s bring up and wish to work through.
Supervision promotes professional growth and cooperation skills, and clarifies roles at the workplace. It is one of the most effective ways for improving both leadership’s and the personnel’s capacities for facing current challenges in working life. Its effectiveness is founded on the work taking place on the supervisee’s terms. The starting point for the work is the supervisee’s own motivation to develop. The supervisor is like a sparring partner for the supervisee, a coach, a facilitator and a support person.
Some objectives for supervision might be
- Clarifying management roles or expert/worker roles
- Improving the performance of the organization and promoting interaction and communication
- Clarifying professional identities
- Increasing appreciation for the work done by others and improving team spirit
- Developing the capacity to deal with problems connected with work
- Making work more meaningful
- Työn mielekkyyden lisääminen
- Increasing professional skills and control over working methods
- Maintaining and improving the capacity to work and well-being at the workplace
What supervision is not
Supervision does not mean introducing a new employee to the job at hand or new work tasks. It is not education in the sense of courses or teaching. Nor is it therapy, although it often has resource-building effects that improve occupational safety and health.